Pages

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

What Happened to My Baby??

So, I had a blog post all ready to go regarding my new "normal", meaning how I've recently felt like I'm getting in the groove of motherhood. I wrote that I knew that as soon as I got into my groove, things would change...and it seems I was right...at least for one night.

Ethan slept for six.hours.straight last night. I didn't, since I was up for the last hour wondering, what happened to my baby? You can't help but think something is wrong! I couldn't believe it. Then, after his feeding, he went right back down. I didn't even change him since he was so peaceful! I bet he would have slept another four hours, but I had to wake him up after close to three because we had plans. 

It was also the first night we did not need to use formula. I'd been trying to wean Ethan from the formula, going from two bottles a night to one, and it seems we are thisclose to doing it! 

Continuing with the "What happened to my baby?" theme, we went to my mom's Chanukah show at the temple's pre-school. Ethan fussed a little in the car on the way there, fell asleep, and aside from a little bit of fussing here and there, slept through the whole show AND the meet-and-greet afterwards. He hasn't slept that long in his carseat since he was around 3 weeks old! He cried for 10 minutes on the ride home, then stayed awake and observed things around him for the rest of the way...also something he's not done before!

He's been cooing and smiling A LOT today, too! Then, when he got fussy this afternoon, we swaddled him, put him in his swing while he was awake but drowsy, and he fell asleep! For the last week, he would only fall asleep for naps if he was being held, which caused me to once again think, what happened to my baby??

I'm trying to remember everything I did yesterday so I can repeat it today...you know, so he sleeps for a while again tonight, but I'm not sure that is necessary. Someone at the temple told me that once they sleep for 6-7 hours a few times, it becomes routine for them. Also, our pediatrician told us that when they hit 10-11 pounds (our unofficial weight check this week had him weighing in at 10lbs., 3oz.), they really do increase their night sleep. Plus, according to the author of Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child, once a child is six weeks past his/her due date, they are able to sleep for longer stretches at night. Tomorrow will be exactly six weeks past his due date. Here's hoping those tidbits are true!!

1 comment:

  1. That black and white pic you put in your sidebar is SOOOOOOO FREAKIN' CUTE!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive