'Tis the season...for everything peppermint! This winter, I've had a slight obsession with peppermint and chocolate in cookie form. I've always loved York Peppermint Patties and Andes Mints, but lately, those delicious treats are simply not enough.
Fortunately for me, I attended an annual holiday cookie exchange, where I got some new recipes for several kinds of peppermint cookies. Also, Pinterest has a ton of ideas as well, like the ones we made last night, called Andes Mint Cookies! Easiest.Recipe.Ever.
Ingredients:
- 1 box Devil's Food Cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 box Andes Mints
Directions:
In a large bowl, combine Devil's Food Cake mix, eggs, and oil. Mix until well incorporated. Drop by spoonfuls onto a cookie sheet (should make 24-28 cookies). Bake at 350 degrees for 6-9 minutes. (Cookies should be soft to the touch when you take them out.) While they are still hot, place one Andes mint on each cookie. As they melt, spread the mints over the top of each cookie, like you would frosting. Allow them to set.
For an extra minty touch, I added Andes Crunch Chocolate Pieces into the batter...I can't help myself!
For an extra minty touch, I added Andes Crunch Chocolate Pieces into the batter...I can't help myself!
No comments:
Post a Comment