Pages

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Happy 2-Month Birthday, Ethan!


Wow, how time flies! My little buddy is two-months old today! We've watched him grow and change so much already...each day {and night} brings new surprises. 

Stats: Ethan weighed in at 11lbs, 2.5oz. That's about a THREE pound weight gain in one month! I'm super thrilled, since we are totally off formula. I guess he likes my cooking! He is 23.5 inches long, and his head circumference was 38...cm., I assume. 

Likes: Ethan's favorite thing to do these days is to play on his play gym. He loves looking at the lights, listening to the music, and kicking his legs. I even made up a song to one of the tunes that the play gym plays, and he smiles and kicks when I sing it! He has developed a love for anything that swings, like pendulum clocks, and the little Hungry Caterpillar and lion hanging from his car seat handle. He loves observing all the neat things around him. Ethan especially enjoys staring at fans, lights, and the television...but we try not to let him watch it! He still LOVES his baths, but not the cold, getting out part. His favorite place to nap is his swing, and he must have his Sleep Sheep! Oh yeah, and he'll only sleep when he's swaddled.

Dislikes: Ethan is starting to get very fussy during tummy time. He can handle it for 2-3 minutes, and then he's done. He also does not enjoy napping in his crib, even though he sleeps there every single night. Ethan is starting to cry every time he goes in his car seat, and refuses to sleep in it unless it is moving. It makes for some interesting trips! He also HATES being too hot, which is not a problem this winter. 

Tricks: Ethan has started social smiling and cooing. When he flashes one of his gummy smiles, it makes my heart melt. I'm in big trouble, aren't I? Ethan is starting to sleep for a 5-6.5 hour stretch at night...hey...that counts as a trick for this mama! Once he mimicked sounds I was making, but he hasn't done that since. Oh, and this boy is a champ at holding his head up all on his own! Ethan's best "trick" {according to me} is his new-found efficiency at breastfeeding, as evidenced by his recent weight gain.

Mom: I've been a lot more comfortable doing things by myself. So far, I've only taken one shower without someone else being home to watch Ethan, but it's a start. I'm less anxious about bathing him by myself and going out by myself with him. Breastfeeding is starting to get easier, and it's not nearly as uncomfortable as it used to be. In fact, I prefer breastfeeding him to bottle-feeding pumped milk, even when we're at someone else's house. I still haven't breastfed in public yet, but there's still time for that, I'm sure. 

I think this is when things start to get really exciting with a little, as they begin to develop new skills and different facets of their personalities. I'm truly enjoying getting to know my baby, and feel so fortunate to be a stay-at-home mom during these important developmental months, so I can see all of his "firsts". I can't wait to see what month three has in store for us! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive