Tobi is back home after his first TTA (Tibial Tuberosity Advancement) surgery. He is recovering very nicely. Kevin is home this week, so I don't have to take care of a dependent dog and baby. We are using the "man-to-man coverage" method - I get the baby, Kevin gets the dog.
Tobi gets three different pills, two twice a day, and one three times as day. He has special exercises that Kevin has to do with him, gets cryotherapy (READ: icepacks) three times a day, and has to be taken out on a short leash. He must also be carried up the stairs. I don't know how I'd get all that done, and take care of Ethan by myself!
Tobi is walking nicely on his leg, and using it to support some weight. He also never lost his appetite, which the doctor said he might do...shocker.
Here's a picture of my little turkey-legged dog. I was shocked when I first saw his shaved leg. I don't know why it never occurred to me that they would shave him, but boy was I surprised when he rounded the corner and I saw my bald dog!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2011
(110)
-
▼
December
(24)
- Talk to the Shirt
- Shhhh....
- Cramping Our Styles
- A Weekend of Celebrations
- Happy 2-Month Birthday, Ethan!
- 2011 ~ Our Year in Review
- Happy Chanukah!
- Off to Play Group We Go!
- Oh...Hello!
- A Very Pinsky Chanukah
- Blog Makeover
- Obsessed with Peppermint!
- Hangin' Out
- The Preppy Look
- What Happened to My Baby??
- Mommy's Little Trouble Maker
- Hitting the Gym
- Turkey Leg
- Hoosier Pride
- Hanging Out
- The Best Laid Plans
- The Moby Experiment
- Helpful Doggie
- My Hungry Caterpillar
-
▼
December
(24)

No comments:
Post a Comment