Pages

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Cramping Our Styles

Kevin gets to work from home for two weeks, which we are super excited about. It's nice having him home in the evenings with Ethan and me. It's also nice not going to sleep in a big bed by myself. Oh, and let's not forget how nice it is to get out and run errands or go to a Girl's Night Out with my mommy friends, while Kevin watches Ethan.

What has not been pleasant is sharing the same space during the day. Kevin likes to work in the family room, which is where Ethan and I locate ourselves during the day. Everyone's stuff is everywhere, and though we pick up several times throughout the day, it somehow manages to get messy again ten minutes later. Also, since Kevin is visible, I keep expecting him to help me, which he can't do since he's working. It also bothers me that while he's working, he's also watching what he wants to watch on TV, with little regard for my preferences, reading magazines/catalogs, browsing the internet, etc. I try to tiptoe around him, but I'm constantly talking to Ethan, which I know probably sounds annoying, and must distract him. I also can't get anything done, because I try not to let Ethan fuss for fear that it will distract/annoy Kevin, so I'm always dropping what I'm doing to attend to the baby, rather than just letting him fuss a little while I finish up.

I've been trying to convince Kevin to go use the office/guest room upstairs, but it didn't work until yesterday. {In Kevin's opinion, the desk is too small, and while there is a nice flat screen TV and comfy couch, there is no coffee table on which he can place his laptop and other necessary items.} I think we just got on each others' nerves one too many times. He went out this morning and got the answer to our problems...


Meet out new coffee table {marriage counselor}. Thank you, Target, for coming to our rescue once again! So far, this new arrangement seems to be working out for all parties involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive