Pages

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Sunday Morning Breakfast...2/19

Since I'm getting back into the swing of things, I've resumed much of the cooking responsibility in the home. I love trying new recipes. In fact, there are only a handful of recipes that we keep in rotation. Most of what we cook is new to us. 

I thought I'd start a new Sunday Morning Breakfast tradition. I can't promise that it'll always be fabulous {or that it will always be homemade...since I'm trying to convince Kevin to take me out for breakfast soon so I can have my beloved Eggs Benedict, which I haven't had since before I was pregnant!} I promise that I will try to post what we have for breakfast each Sunday morning.

I just got a new cookbook last week which I am loving. It's a healthy slow cooker book. I don't need to go into how much I adore my slow cooker. I make something in it at least once a week. If it involves minimal prep work and one-pot cooking, it's for me! This cookbook happens to have a whole section on breakfast, so expect to see a lot of morning crockpot recipes.

This morning, we enjoyed Apple Cinnamon Breakfast Risotto. Think apple pie filling meets rice pudding...delish!! We chose to top ours with sliced almonds, golden raisins, and a dollop of fat-free Cool Whip. Other ideas: low-fat granola, dried cranberries, Fiber One cereal, or sliced bananas. If you'd like the recipe, let me know!

1 comment:

  1. I'd love the recipe! I'm trying to use my slow cooker more. Being single, it usually makes waaaaaaaaaaaay too much food, but I've found I can do breakfast and the leftovers keep pretty well. Have you tried steal cut oats in the crock pot? I use the Alton Brown recipe on the food network website, only I omit the fruits that can kill me. :-)

    ReplyDelete