Pages

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, February 6, 2012

One Small Step for Mommy-kind

That's what I'm calling it. One of things that has been giving me anxiety is a solo grocery shopping trip with Ethan. Today, I decided that I was ready to attempt it. I chose to go during one of his naps at a time of day I thought only other moms and babies would be out. 

I kept telling myself, What's the worst that can happen?? He'll cry/fuss, I'll try to calm him, and if it doesn't work, we'll leave and try again another time.

Well, he was excellent. He woke up after I parked, but after 5-6 minutes being pushed around in the cart, he went back to sleep. We might have to make this a weekly outing. The store was fully stocked and practically empty, making my trip quick and efficient! I guess there are some perks to being a Stay-at-Home-Mom and Housewife! 

2 comments:

  1. That was always a stressor for me too. I never felt comfy balancing his car seat on the top of the cart, but if I needed a lot of groceries there was never any room because I would put the car seat in there. Eventually I started just wearing him in the baby carrier for trips around 3-4 months old, that way I had plenty of room in the cart.

    ReplyDelete