Pages

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, February 17, 2012

On Flirting

There is a right way to flirt, and a wrong way to flirt. I witnessed two incidences of flirting today.

All Wrong!
Ethan and I went to lunch today with "Auntie Debbie". I got up to get some coffee. A pretty good looking gentleman was also filling up his cup. Here's how our conversation went.

Man: Don't tell me you are the one that had that baby over there.
Me: Yeah. That's my baby.
Man: Wow! Where did all of your weight go?
Me: Umm...it left with the baby.
Man: Well, he is one lucky guy...and I'm referring to your husband!
Me: Thanks. I'll remind him of that tonight.
Man: My wife had twins 20 months ago, and she still doesn't look like you.
Me: Well, twins are a whole other story! 
Man: Did you have him naturally?
Me: Yep. {At this point, I was appalled that he felt it appropriate to ask me this...as if the rest of the conversation were somehow more appropriate!}
Man: Wow. You just have all the right qualities, don't you?
Me: I try.

At this point, I walked away. I didn't know that having a child naturally {and I assume he meant sans c-section} was a quality, but OK. At first I couldn't figure out if he was complimenting me, ragging on his wife {who, after having this conversation, I feel sorry for}, or flirting. I chalked it up to this guy being an awful flirt. Strike out!! 

Note: Mentioning your wife, and mother of your twins, is NOT a recommended flirting tactic!

 All Right!
After lunch, Ethan and I had some clothing to exchange. At Francesca's Collections {heaven}, while checking out, the woman behind me was "oohing" and "aahing" over Ethan. Here's how that conversation went.

Woman: You are so adorable!
Ethan: {big gummy smile}
Woman: Are you smiling at me??
Ethan: {smile with giggle}
Woman: Oh my gosh! He just giggled at me! You're such a flirt!
Ethan: {cooing noises}
Woman: What a sweetie! He's such a wonderful shopping buddy! You're so lucky!

Now that's how it's done!! Always keep 'em wanting more. Maybe the guy from the restaurant should take some notes from Ethan!

2 comments:

  1. That guy that talked to you is a total jackass. I'm a year out and I still haven't lost the last 10 of my baby weight, I would have loved to knee that guy in the groin. >:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is hilarious! You are a good writer, I am enjoying reading your blog :)

    ReplyDelete