Pages

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Happy 4-Month Birthday, Ethan!


I'm beginning to realize that time really does fly when you're having fun. This month has truly been enjoyable, watching {and listening to} Ethan develop and grow. Sometimes I look at him and think, how is he SO big already??? 

Stats: Yesterday, we went to the doctor for our four-month check-up. Ethan "Stretch" Pinsky is 26.75 inches long!!! He's in the 95th percentile on height. I think he has a bright future as a basketball player...maybe for the Hoosiers? He weighed 14 pounds, 8 ounces (50th percentile) and his head circumference was 40 centimeters.

Likes: Ethan has become quite the talker. He loves making noises, and even has "conversations" with others. It's absolutely adorable, and he gets a big kick out of it. He still enjoys grabbing things, and now he's actually holding and shaking things, like rattles and dolls. He loves his little giraffe blankie, GiGi. He still enjoys his play gym, but now he likes to grab all the different toys hanging on it. Although we still swaddle Ethan, we've been leaving his legs out, since he still loves to kick them and move himself around.

Dislikes: Ethan still dreads Tummy Time. His doctor told me to lay him on his tummy for 2-3 minutes at a time {or until he starts screaming} several times a day. I know I just have to bite the bullet and do it.

Tricks: Ethan can now blow raspberries. Very cute. He thinks it's hilarious, and will even try to imitate you if you blow raspberries at him. Another trick is sucking on his hands and fingers. He can bring his hands together, and put them in his mouth. Delicious! We've also gotten a few big laughs out of him, which we hope to hear more of in the coming months. Ethan also likes to "pretend walk", while we support him, and he is starting to put a lot of weight on his legs. A lesser loved trick, is pinching. Ouch! Ethan can now sleep up to 10 hours at night...which is our favorite trick!

Mom: We've successfully weaned from breastfeeding. Ethan is enjoying his formula, and has transitioned beautifully. I've found it to be a lot less stressful to go out, because I'm no longer concerned about where or when to feed him. We've been trying to go on outings once a day, which is good for both of us. I recently took Ethan to meet my class, and it was wonderful. I've been thinking about whether or not I actually want to go back to work, but being around the kids made me feel like I need to go back to teaching in August. I'm still seeing a therapist once a week, and am taking my medication. Two nights ago, I actually slept through the night!!

We are trying to enjoy every moment with our little man, because we know he won't be little for very long. At the same time, we can't wait to see him hit all of his new developmental milestones!

No comments:

Post a Comment