Pages

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, February 20, 2012

Confession

I love looking into my baby's big, bright eyes. I love listening to him "talk". I love pinching his chubby baby thighs. I love feeling him nuzzle his face against my neck when he is tired. I love hearing his infectious giggles. I love watching him grab for his favorite toys {and hang on to them!}. I love the touch of his tiny hand on mine as I feed him.

But I have a confession.

I love naptime. I find myself relishing the quiet {even though I have the television on most of the time}. I've read about some moms, and I have some friends who may or may not admit to this, who actually miss their babies while they are napping...and wake them up!!

Not me.

I know that in most cases, Ethan will sleep for about an hour. Sometimes, I catch myself praying hoping that he will give me an extra five minutes. It usually doesn't happen. Once in a while, he'll nap for three hours, and sure, I do wonder when my little man will grace me with his presence. But I don't miss him. 

Is that wrong?

2 comments:

  1. No, it isn't wrong. I too cherish nap time. With Oliver who is three, nap time has always been just as much for me as it was for him. Going from 2 naps a day to 1 when he was younger was hard! (but also came with some flexibility to our day!) I hear of other toddlers who won't nap anymore...this would not work for me!!! With Ella it is the same. I wish her naps meant more naps for me, but typically it means time for me to work on BSU stuff. No matter how I spend my time while she is asleep, I too find myself asking for five more minutes! Then, when she is awake, I enjoy every second!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heart naptime too! It is my get stuff done time...but I also love lately when she is feeling under the weather and naps on me - ultimate cuddle time!

    ReplyDelete