Tuesday, January 19, 2010
Teachers Work Three Times Harder!
This afternoon, I took a couple of students to their after school program. We were a little late in leaving the school because my weekly team meeting lasted longer than I thought it would. I jokingly said to them, "Did you ever realize that teachers worked this hard?" The little boy replied, "Oh yeah. Mrs. Rumble told us that teachers work THREE times as hard as students. First they have to plan the lesson, then they have to teach the lesson, and then they have to grade the lesson! All we have to do is do the lesson!"
Touche'. Thanks Mrs. Rumble, for driving home just how hard us teachers work!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I just clicked over to your blog from another one I found today and this cracks me up! (I am a high school teacher) I would 'revise' it however to say we work four times harder, after we grade the lesson we have to revise it and make it better too!! :)
ReplyDeleteOh, so true...I forgot about that one!!
ReplyDelete