Wednesday, January 13, 2010
Resolutions
It's that time of year. You know, when you walk into the gym and it's PACKED, because everyone has made a resolution to lose a few (or more than a few) pounds. Now I admit, I've only been to the gym once this year, and I do plan on going more. I have decided not to join the masses and make a gym resolution, since I'm almost positive I won't be able to keep it.
Making New Year's resolutions are a wonderful thing to do, though. They force you to take a look at how you are living your life, reflect upon both the good and bad things, and resolve to make positive changes. So, in the spirit of the New Year (and the new decade), I've decided to make the following resolutions. Some are big and some are little, but what is important is that I am changing to better myself.
Resolution #1 ~ Drink at least 6 glasses of water before consuming other beverages.
A caveat to this one: coffee does not count. This means that it does not count as water (even though it's just flavored/caffeinated water), but it also doesn't count as another beverage since I MUST have it in the morning.
I thought of this one because I snack quite a bit, and I tend to get really tired in the afternoons and evenings. Hopefully, it will help to eliminate both of these issues. Plus, there are other benefits to drinking lots of water like healthy skin and maintaining muscle tone.
Resolution #2 ~ Leave school by 4:30pm.
I have been spending WAY too much time working at school. While I still spend time in the evenings and on my weekends on school stuff, I'm at home with Tobi and Kevin while I'm doing it, not holed up in my classroom behind my desk. Grading on the couch is way better than grading in my classroom! I must admit, last Friday I stayed until 5:15, but to make up for it, I didn't do any schoolwork at home ALL weekend! Kevin and Tobi had my undivided attention.
Resolution #3 ~ Get back to doing the things I love.
I love Yoga and Israeli Folk Dancing, and pre-Kevin, I did both religiously. Now, I do neither. I found a Yoga class on Saturdays that I will test out this weekend, and I will be at Israeli Folk Dancing class on Monday evening. Doing things that I love help to relieve tons of stress. These two particular hobbies of mine are good for the body, mind, and soul. Plus, Happy Wife = Happy Life....so true.
There they are...large and small. I'd be interested to hear about any resolutions that you made. If you haven't made any yet, I hope I've inspired you to make one!
Labels:
change,
resolutions
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am totally pulling for #2. That is SO HARD when you are teaching! Go, Anat, Go!!
ReplyDeleteI have a secret resolution this year, that way people can't bug me about it :)
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like you plan to make some good changes! You should try crystal light (for the water resolution), it's only 5 calories and no sugar. My personal favorite is the rasberry lemonade.
Great idea about drinking water before allowing yourself other beverages (and I agree, coffee does NOT count!). I'll have to try that. I'm constantly promising myself to drink more water, and it seems to go the way of my other resolutions! LOL.
ReplyDelete