Pages

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, January 21, 2010

The Quest for Asics

Kevin and I have recently started running again. We were doing really well up until the wedding, and then we just stopped going to the gym. To kick start this new fitness wave, Kevin got new running shoes. I decided that I needed/wanted new ones, too, since I currently dislike mine. We went to DSW, and after 30 minutes, we walked out with new Asics for Kevin. We could not, however, find the style of Asics shoes that I like. So began my online quest to find my Asics. As of yet, I've struck out three times. Here is how this shoe saga has gone in the last 24 hours: Attempt #1: Found Asics at Zappos.com. Ordered them. Had to call and cancel order after realizing they were the wrong style.
http://www.scoreboardwrestling.net/media/catalog/product/cache/2/image/5e06319eda06f020e43594a9c230972d/A/S/ASC-T964N-0175.jpg
Asics 1140s...WRONG
Attempt #2: Found Asics GT-2120s (correct style) at Dave's Pro Shop. Ordered them. Had to call and change order after realizing I had ordered a mens size 9, not womens.
http://www.bikesofinverness.co.uk/acatalog/2140.jpg
Asics 2120s....MENS
Attempt #3: Rick, at Dave's Pro Shop, changed order to GT-2140s (correct style, just two versions newer...they did not have Womens 2120s). Ordered them. Got a call a few hours later that my size was no longer in stock...computer error.
GT 2140  (W) T954N
Asics 2140s...OUT OF STOCK
Attempt #4: E-mailed Rick at Dave's Pro Shop, changed order to GT-2150s (newest version of the shoe). Awaiting reply.
http://www.shopfootrx.com/store/images/T/womens%202150%20red-01.JPG Asics 2150s....PLEASE????
The good news is that Rick, my new BFF, has waved any changes in price because of the huge hassle I've been having, so I get the most updated shoes for the cost of the old ones! Let's keep our fingers crossed that this 4th time works out!

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE Asics! Back in my running day it was my favorite shoe. They are like walking on clouds. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. God is telling you not to run, you do know that, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm trying not to think that way. I'm thinking more that God is telling me not to order shoes online!!!

    ReplyDelete