Monday, January 25, 2010
Random Words of Kindness
On Friday night, we got home from dinner, and were ready to pop in a DVD and eat some movie theater candy on the couch. I, of course, had to check out my Facebook page first. I saw that I had a message from one of the other teachers on my team, which said:
"I just wanted to let you know how much I appreciate working with you! Thanks for all you do to make our team look so good! I hope eventually you and I can relax a little bit and enjoy the fruits of our labor! :)"
It probably took about 3 minutes to write, but it made me feel wonderful. I know that my work is appreciated by those around me, but to read it and see it where it wasn't expected was such a pleasant surprise (especially on a Friday, when you are so exhausted, you don't feel like you can face another week of work).
Here is my challenge to all of my blog readers, few as you may be. Please consider sending/saying some Random Words of Kindness to a coworker, family member, friend, mentor, or any other person who makes your life better. Trust me, it will brighten up the gloomiest, coldest, most stress-ridden day.
On that note, I am posting mine on my blog for all to see:
To my wonderful husband ~ Thank you for doing MORE than your fair share around the house so that I am able to workout, lesson plan, nap, grade papers, or any of the other excuses I come up with to get out of the housework. My successes are in great part due to your supportive and patient demeanor. I love you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thank you to my cookie eating cohort, for always being my friend even when we go months without talking, or years without being in the same country.
ReplyDelete