
VitaTops
These are the BEST product I've tried this month, by a long shot. If you are a chocolate fan, these guilt-free treats are for you. They are just tops of muffins, but they are loaded with vitamins and fiber, and only 100 calories. If you are a points counter, then you'll be glad to know that these are only 1 point! Vitalicious has many different flavors, but the ones I've tried are Chocolate Mint, Dark Chocolate Pomegranate, Deep Chocolate, and Triple Chocolate Chunk...and they are all fabulous! You keep them in the freezer, and defrost in the microwave for 10 seconds, or you can eat them frozen, or you can slice them in half and put some Low-Fat Cool Whip in the center, refreeze, and enjoy! No two ways about it, these treats are highly recommended!
VitaMuffins
These muffins can also be found on the Vitalicious website. They have several different flavors, and I have only tried the CranBran flavor. They aren't bad, and I would definitely grab one if I needed a quick and healthy breakfast, but when given a choice (and more time), I'd most likely go for other options. I'm betting the Deep Chocolate VitaMuffins are really good, since they look like smaller versions of the VitaTops. These are also only 100 calories and 1 point, so if you are looking for convenience, they may be worth a shot.
Primal Strips Jerky
I have been craving beef jerky, but it is high in fat and calories, so I went looking for a healthier alternative. Enter Primal Strips. These jerky-like strips are made out of shitake mushrooms and soy, and while their website says it is the best tasting, best textured soy jerky, I completely disagreed. It comes in individual packages, but when you open them up, they are covered in slimy sauce. Since when is jerky covered in slime? The texture is a turnoff, but if you can get past that, I suppose it's fine.
Mix My Granola
This website is wonderful! On Valentine's Day weekend, Kevin and I had breakfast at a fancy restaurant, where I had homemade granola with yogurt and fruit. While they labeled this the "Healthy Start" breakfast, there is really nothing healthy about granola. As I was searching for healthy alternatives, I found this website on the Hungry Girl website (I love that girl!). On this site, you can mix your own granola, and they will send it to you in a cute canister! You can name it and even include a personalized picture! They have lots of bases (Low-Fat, Organic, Cinammon), plus TONS of mix-ins (dried fruits and berries, nuts, and powders like energy and caffeine). Prices vary by ingredients, but it is so worth it. I like to mix mine with non-fat flavored yogurts. They also have premixed varieties (the picture link is the Apricot Granola Delight), which sound delicious as well. Go to the website and get started on it. Let me know which combos you choose, so I can mix some up as well!
Those are all the products for this month. Any ideas for March products? I'm willing to take suggestions!
VitaMuffins
These muffins can also be found on the Vitalicious website. They have several different flavors, and I have only tried the CranBran flavor. They aren't bad, and I would definitely grab one if I needed a quick and healthy breakfast, but when given a choice (and more time), I'd most likely go for other options. I'm betting the Deep Chocolate VitaMuffins are really good, since they look like smaller versions of the VitaTops. These are also only 100 calories and 1 point, so if you are looking for convenience, they may be worth a shot.
Mix My Granola
This website is wonderful! On Valentine's Day weekend, Kevin and I had breakfast at a fancy restaurant, where I had homemade granola with yogurt and fruit. While they labeled this the "Healthy Start" breakfast, there is really nothing healthy about granola. As I was searching for healthy alternatives, I found this website on the Hungry Girl website (I love that girl!). On this site, you can mix your own granola, and they will send it to you in a cute canister! You can name it and even include a personalized picture! They have lots of bases (Low-Fat, Organic, Cinammon), plus TONS of mix-ins (dried fruits and berries, nuts, and powders like energy and caffeine). Prices vary by ingredients, but it is so worth it. I like to mix mine with non-fat flavored yogurts. They also have premixed varieties (the picture link is the Apricot Granola Delight), which sound delicious as well. Go to the website and get started on it. Let me know which combos you choose, so I can mix some up as well!
Those are all the products for this month. Any ideas for March products? I'm willing to take suggestions!
I've so been wanting to try those muffins! Where do yo get them? I've only ever seen them online!
ReplyDeleteOnline is the only place! They are a little pricey, at over a dollar per Vita Top, but I have to say it's totally worth it! You get your chocolate fix and it's actually good. Click on the links in the post and it will take you to their website so you can order! I've always wanted to try the Chocolate Banana, and they have a Chocolate Peanut Butter that's supposed to be awesome...try one of those!
ReplyDelete