Wednesday, February 24, 2010
One-a-Day
The last few weeks have started out great, but the farther I get into the week, the more stressed out and overwhelmed I feel. I don't know if anyone else out there in blog-land has the same issues. (I imagine anyone who teaches is in the same boat as I am.) I have come up with a solution. Well, not really a solution...more like an experiment. No matter how bogged down we get with work/family/bills/other stressful things, let's vow to do ONE thing a day just for ourselves. I'm not saying this has to be a big thing (although it could be once in a while). It could be something like treating yourself to a Starbucks coffee, taking a bubble bath, reading for pleasure (imagine that!) for 10 minutes, making a fun online purchase, whatever. As long as this "one-a-day" is purely for yourself.
I know this sounds a little selfish, but many times we (and I mean women, mostly) put everyone else first and don't take the time to make sure we are in a good place, sacrificing our sanity for the sake of others. Taking the focus off of our stresses and spending time doing something positive for ourselves just once a day, may make us feel more confident and centered. I really think this is worth a try.
So, my "one-a-day" for today? Yoga!!! And tomorrow??? Sushi dinner with my friend Rachel.
What will your "one-a-day" be today? Tomorrow?? Keep me POSTed!
Labels:
experiment,
stress
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh such a lovely idea! I am on day 2 of 3 twelve or more hour days due to parent-teacher conferences. At the moment my one-a-day is taking a moment to check blogs before showering and crashing in bed! Tomorrow? I'll have to think of something. But Friday? Oh Friday. Beautiful Friday. It may have to be a three-a-day. :)
ReplyDeleteToday was going to pick up our new entertainment center! I'll try and post pictures soon :)
ReplyDelete