Pages

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, February 15, 2010

Life in Piles

I have come to realize that Kevin and I live our lives in piles. See, the nice thing about piles is that they make you feel like you are more organized than you actually are, which is deceiving. In fact, you still have a mess, it's just an "organized mess". All like things that should be put away are grouped together, however, they are still out in the open. The funny thing is that we get annoyed with one another's piles. For example, I don't feel it necessary to keep shoes out in piles, when there is a perfectly good closet with ample space for shoes. This really gets under my skin, because this pile does not seem necessary to me. Kevin, on the other hand, likes for his shoes to be out in the open. I am very bad about putting away my folded, clean laundry, and leave it in the laundry room until I absolutely have to put it away. Kevin gets frustrated with me, because he wants that stuff put away in the dressers, not stacked on the folding table. As we approach the 6 months of marriage mark, we are learning to pick our battles. Some piles are unavoidable, like snow, and some we'll just have to keep working on!
Unavoidable Piles Avoidable Piles

1 comment:

  1. I pile, too! I acutally have boxes packed away from last time I moved that are just piles I never delt with before I moved.

    ReplyDelete