Well, I did it...er...am doing it.
I know this might not sound like a huge deal, but it is to me.
Kevin is in Boston this week, which means I'm on Ethan duty. My biggest source of anxiety has had to do with taking full responsibility for Ethan all day and all night. I just didn't think I would be able to keep up with him with no relief. I also tend not to get the best nights of sleep when Kevin is gone, because I'm overwhelmed with the worry that I won't hear Ethan if he wakes up. In the past, my mom has had to spend the night, which lessened my anxiety.
This week, I decided to take it one day (and night) at a time. I won't say that it's been sunshine and roses every minute of every day, but I've been chugging along. I haven't panicked yet...even during his 45 minute screaming fit last night at bedtime. This is my third night going solo, and I'm super proud of myself.
Yes, I still have anxiety each morning when I wake up, and it lasts until I'm done getting myself ready for the day (coffee, wash up, hair, make-up, and dress up). However, I do feel a humungous sense of accomplishment at having made it to this point. I feel like I've come so far from where I was several months ago, mentally, emotionally, and physically. I know I still have a lot of work to do, but I'm definitely headed in the right direction!
Wednesday, April 18, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2012
(106)
-
▼
April
(18)
- Around the House
- Sunday Morning Breakfast...4/29
- And...We're Up!!
- Happy 6-Month Birthday, Ethan!
- Sunday Morning Breakfast...4/22
- Sunday Morning Breakfast...4/15
- Progress
- A Roller Coaster Ride
- Props to Pops
- Just To Make You Smile...
- Matzah Ball Soup {Jewish Penicillin}
- Sweet Potatoes
- We'll Take One of Those...
- Ethan's First Passover
- Sunday Morning Breakfast...4/8
- Lunch with Uncle Yuval
- Gymboree
- Sunday Morning Breakfast...4/1
-
▼
April
(18)
Congrats! Recognizing the progres you have made is great, definitetly applaud yourself.
ReplyDelete