Sunday, April 22, 2012
Happy 6-Month Birthday, Ethan!
Phew! This month has been a roller coaster. It was full of ups and downs...but mostly ups! I can't believe it's been half a year since I gave birth to the most precious baby boy. At times, it seems like just yesterday that we brought him home from the hospital.
Stats: Ethan just went to the doctor for his 6-month check-up. He was a trooper with the shots, only crying for maybe 5 seconds. No joke. He weighs 16 pounds, 2 ounces, and is 28 inches long. Yes, folks, I said 28. He is in the 90th percentile for height. Sheesh!
Likes: Wow! I could go on endlessly with this list. I'm tentatively sticking Tummy Time on this list. I wouldn't say he likes it, but he doesn't mind doing it as much. We've even worked up to almost 10 minutes! Ethan likes babbling, but he's recently become obsessed with blowing raspberries, which is cute...except for when he has food in his mouth. While GiGi is still his favorite cuddle buddy, he has discovered the beauty that is Sophie the Giraffe. He has learned how to chew on all her different parts, and has mastered holding her in his mouth. The jumparoo and exersaucer still get a lot of use. Ethan also enjoys sitting in his Bumbo seat and watching me cook and clean in the kitchen.
Dislikes: Green beans are on this list. I can't say I blame him. When you puree them yourself, they come out a weird texture...even when formula is added. I've even tried mixing them with other loved foods. Oatmeal is not his friend either. He's not quite sure about the texture, and it's given him a gnarly case of diaper rash.
Tricks: Ethan took a long hiatus from rolling, and just when we were thinking that his two previous rolls were flukes, he did it again! Twice!! We're hopeful that his new tolerance for tummy time will bring more rolling. Ethan is thisclose to sitting on his own. Also, we noticed that Ethan is starting to reach out when he wants to be held my mommy or daddy. Kevin was holding him this morning, and I held my hands out to see if he would come to me, and he reached both his arms towards me, and leaned so I could take him. Finally, Ethan can add eating solids to his list of tricks. So far, he's a huge fan of butternut squash, sweet potatoes, carrots, apples, and bananas.
Mom: Still doing well! Last week, I stayed overnight by myself all three nights that Kevin was gone. It was so empowering, and a huge step for me. One of the things I've enjoyed doing most is making Ethan's baby food. It can sometimes be tedious, but it's so worth it. I know exactly what's going into each container, and that it is fresh and preservative-free. Right now I'm just making simple purees, but am looking forward to making "meals".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2012
(106)
-
▼
April
(18)
- Around the House
- Sunday Morning Breakfast...4/29
- And...We're Up!!
- Happy 6-Month Birthday, Ethan!
- Sunday Morning Breakfast...4/22
- Sunday Morning Breakfast...4/15
- Progress
- A Roller Coaster Ride
- Props to Pops
- Just To Make You Smile...
- Matzah Ball Soup {Jewish Penicillin}
- Sweet Potatoes
- We'll Take One of Those...
- Ethan's First Passover
- Sunday Morning Breakfast...4/8
- Lunch with Uncle Yuval
- Gymboree
- Sunday Morning Breakfast...4/1
-
▼
April
(18)


Holy what? He can not be 6 months already!
ReplyDelete