Pages

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Sunday Morning Breakfast...3/4

I pr My wonderful {impatient} husband likes to eat almost immediately after he wakes up in the morning. It is not fun to deal with him if he doesn't. To accommodate him, I decided to bake breakfast the night before. It did make the house smell yummy, so I can't really complain. Plus, who is coherent enough in the morning to make breakfast...much less follow a brand new recipe?? 

Without further ado...I present...
Orange-Cranberry Pecan Bread. 


I modified this recipe from a WW slow-cooker recipe. {I know...bread in a slow-cooker???} I substituted white whole-wheat flour for the all-purpose stuff, dried cranberries for the dates {which would also be good}, and baked it for 25 minutes at 425 degrees instead of 2.5 hours in the slow-cooker. {Again...the hubby would not be able to wait that long for his first meal of the day!}

We are eating ours with whipped cream cheese, but I'm sure a faux butter spread with a little cinnamon on top would taste delicious, too!

1 comment:

  1. That looks delicious. I'm deeply confused by bread in a slow cooker.

    ReplyDelete