Pages

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Happy 5-Month Birthday, Ethan!


I'm officially at the point where I'm wishing time will slow down so I can enjoy all the wonderful new things Ethan is doing. It seems like each day is full of changes, and I'm loving every one of them, but at the same time, feel like I'm losing a little bit of my cuddly baby!

Stats: While we do not have official stats, I can tell you that when we weighed Ethan a few days ago, he was up to 15lbs, 8oz! He still fits into most of his 3-6 month clothing, but not for long!

Likes: Ethan is still chatting up a storm these days. He likes hearing his own voice, and barely lets you get a word {or shriek} in! He is still obsessed with GiGi, his giraffe blankie, but we've added a new member to the family...Leo, a leopard blankie. Ethan recently got a new exersaucer and he loves exploring all the toys attached to it. He is mastering his jumperoo, as well. The child just loves to be in a standing position where he can move around! Ethan and I joined Gymboree, and have gone to a few classes. He really likes all the fun activities and social time he gets with his new friends. Ethan loves to go on walks in the sunshine with his mommy, too! The fresh air calms him down, and sometimes puts him to sleep. Ethan is {still} being swaddled, but we are leaving his legs and one arm out at naps. While he is not happy about it, he is getting used to it.

Dislikes: Tummy time is still on the list of dislikes. We are working on it, and try to get him to do it a few times a day. He does hold his head up really high, so we know his neck and shoulder muscles are pretty strong! We're also adding rice cereal to the list of dislikes. We've only tried it a few times, but it didn't go over well. Now that he's a big five-month-old, we'll be trying it each night for a week to see how it goes. If he's still anti-rice cereal, we'll move on to oatmeal.

Tricks: Ethan rolled over from tummy to back twice! He was a bit confused about how he ended up on his back when he was just on his tummy, but at least he didn't cry! Ethan has learned to suck his thumb, but as long as he has a finger/hand/pacifier in his mouth, he's happy! His laugh is adorable and infectious, and he's started to giggle more often. A favorite trick of ours, is his new bedtime! He can often be found peacefully snoozing in his crib around 8:45pm...which is lovely!

Mom: I'm doing really well these days. I think the sunshine has helped give me new energy. We are always out and about, which keeps me busy and tires Ethan out! I've been spending a lot of time with other moms, which is also quite nice. I've created a weekly chart to help me plan outings, split up household chores, plan meals, and much more. I find when I stick to my chart, I get a lot accomplished, and I have goals for each day. I've also come to the realization that Ethan will do things in time, when he is ready. Letting go of "timelines" has allowed me to enjoy all the wonderful things he is doing right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment