Pages

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Daylight Savings Time...With a Baby

I didn't put too much thought into how we would tackle the one hour jump ahead time change. I know that this is a challenge for moms, as I've read several blog posts and listened to my friends complain about these adjustments. I know that a problem during the "fall back" phase is getting kids to not wake up super early. With "spring forward", I'm sure the concern is getting kids to realize it's bedtime, when it's still bright outside!

Since Ethan is still pretty adaptable, we decided to wake him up at the new 7:45am. Otherwise, I'm afraid he would have slept until almost 9am, and then he would have been up until at least 10pm! Since we just started implementing a 9pm bedtime, I didn't want to lose what ground we'd made, so we chose to forgo our extra hour of peace and quiet in the hopes that we'd regain that hour in the evening. 

Any comments or tips on how to help our little guy adjust to the time change are much appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment