Pages

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Let's Make a Deal!

Lately, I've been all about getting out of my comfort zone and trying new things. I don't mean bungee jumping or running a full marathon. Remember, baby steps, people. The more new things I try, the more comfortable I get toting Ethan around with me. Plus, the less likely I'll be to stay cooped up in our house when Kevin starts traveling again and I'm all alone. Last week, we took a walk to a nearby grocery store for a quick shopping trip, and this week we went to our first Gymboree class!

Now...the really BIG new thing we did. Today, we went to our first baby consignment sale. I had this picture in my mind of mommies wearing babies, pushing one another out of the way, grabbing for coveted baby items...just not a great scene. I'm really not a bargain shopper, and unorganized stores (even places like Marshall's) really make me anxious. {It might have something to do with my control issues...but that's another story.}

I was totally wrong. 

It was awesome! All of the items were at least 50% off. Everything was so well-organized, people were super polite to one another, and there were plenty of wonderful items to choose from.

The items we walked away with were...

a nice selection of spring clothing...

some colorful and interactive toys...

and our most prized item...
an exersaucer!! 
Baby Einstein, at that! We scored this beauty for $40!!

A couple of "thank-yous". First, to Auntie Debra for guarding the very last exersaucer with her life, until I could get there to check it out. Second, to my friend Kate, who posted this must read guide to navigating consignment sales. I did every one of the things on her list...including bringing cash so I didn't overspend, and having a game plan in mind for things I wanted {exersaucer, toys, books, and only then, clothing}. Mamas out there, I highly recommend you check around for consignment sales in your area!

1 comment:

  1. Oh man, I LOVE garage sales. :-) It's super addicting. I love that little peanut onsie!

    ReplyDelete