Pages

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Out and About

Boy, did we have a packed day yesterday! Momma and Pops drove in from Cincinnati to spend the day with us. 

First, we went out for a late lunch at Scotty's. Ethan was wonderful. He was awake and content in his carseat, something that he's only recently started to do. He fell asleep towards the end of our meal, so we decided to take a trip to the JCC to sign up for our membership, since there was a great deal going on which ended at the end of this month. 

While we were registering, Pops and Ethan walked around the JCC. We realized that he was probably getting hungry, so we decided to feed him before leaving. As Kevin lifted him out of the stroller, he felt a wet spot on the back of Ethan's pants. Yes, folks, Ethan had a HUGE blowout. He had to be stripped naked in the main entrance of the JCC, given a "wet-wipe bath", and changed into his spare clothing. Thank goodness I was prepared for such a fiasco (except I forgot a spare pair of socks...oops)! Let me tell you, it was quite the scene! Momma and I couldn't help but laugh the whole time. I don't know what was funnier - Kevin's reaction to the whole thing (including the icky smell), or Ethan's proud demeanor. 

After feeding Ethan, we stopped at Huddles, a local self-serve frozen yogurt shop for a sweet treat. Ethan was getting a little fiesty after being in his carseat (and not napping for longer than 30 minutes at a time), so we went home.

We said goodbye to Momma and Pops, and got Ethan ready to go out to dinner with some of our friends. Kevin let Ethan hang out on his lap for a while during dinner, I fed him, and then he was pretty entertained by all the things to look at in the restaurant. 

This was Ethan's longest day out, and he did exceptionally well. I know he enjoyed himself, and was exhausted. He slept from 10pm to 7:30am!!

No comments:

Post a Comment