Ethan and I made our first compromise this week. I would give him his swaddle back for naps, if he would nap in his crib and put himself to sleep, rather than being rocked to sleep.
So far, it's a success!! He's now napping full time in his crib, which gives me the ability to get some things done downstairs without worrying that he'll wake up at every little noise I make. He has slept through Tobi barking, the doors beeping when they are opened, the garage door (which is right under his room) being opened and shut, and the washer and dryer running next to his room. Plus, it beats having to rock/shush/sway/swing/walk/spin him to sleep for 20 minutes or more!
Nate didn't give up the swaddle till he was almost 5 months. Don't feel bad or rushed to get rid of it if he/you need it. :-)
ReplyDelete