Pages

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, January 9, 2012

Is This a Growth Spurt???

So, I've been searching the internet to understand whether or not Ethan is going through a growth spurt. We've had a rough few days, and like any mom, I just want to know that he's OK and that there is an end in sight. Here is what Ethan's been up to the last few days:
  •  VERY fussy behavior - When not nursing, Ethan can be entertained for a total of 15-20 minutes before getting fussy. 
  • Does NOT want to take naps - It's impossible to get him down, as he's always fussing. When he is down, he wakes after 10-30 minutes. I've tried swaddling, not swaddling, placing him in the crib, placing him in his swing, laying him on the couch, holding him...just to mention a few. Prior to these last few days, he would do a few short naps (45 minutes - 1.5 hours), and one long nap (2.5 hours - 3.5 hours).
  • Eating after shorter intervals - I don't know if this is because I'm still trying to follow the "Eat, Play, Sleep" routine, and since his naps are so short, I just feed him when he wakes, or if he's actually hungry. It seems the only way he can be soothed is by nursing.
So...all you mommies in BlogWorld...is he going through a spurt or not, because I'm literally about to pull my hair out!

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like he's having a growth spurt, or is just at a crossroads in development...Adele seemed to always be in a stage like that. Have you tried wearing him throughout the day? It could free up your hands while giving him the snuggle time he is craving. I would also suggest just nursing him whenever he wants to nurse, but I know that's not for everyone! (I do have a Maya Wrap that I was able to nurse both of my girls in {in public!} if you want to try a different kind of sling) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete