Sunday, January 22, 2012
Happy 3-Month Birthday, Ethan!
We've made it through another month! Ethan is rapidly growing before our eyes, as evidenced by his move to Size 2 diapers and 3-6 month clothing!
Stats: Since we do not have a doctor's appointment scheduled for this month, the only stat I have is Ethan's weight, which we gather by having either Kevin or I step on the scale without him, and then with him. Today, he weighed in at about 13lbs, 6oz!
Likes: Ethan LOVES observing everything around him. He is usually content to lay in his Boppy pillow and play with his linking rings, large caterpillar doll, or just kick his legs. Yes, kicking is still his favorite hobby. We can now add "grabbing" to favorite hobbies as well. Ethan used to nap in his swing, but now, he enjoys listening to the music and looking at the little animals hanging above him. He gets the biggest, gummiest smiles when he's hanging out in his swing.
Dislikes: Two words: Tummy Time. Recently, Kevin has been able to lay Ethan on his chest, and Ethan will push up, but this lasts for a total of 3-4 minutes.
Tricks: Ethan's latest trick is napping in his crib. We tried to take away his swaddle, but I think it was too much, too soon. We find that he's able to put himself to sleep in his swaddle, if he's placed in his crib "awake but drowsy". Ethan has also discovered his hands! He can grab things that are dangling in front of him. His smiles are more frequent and deliberate. He smiles at the sound of our voices and faces. Ethan also likes to tell us stories...he's being to talk and coo up a storm!
Mom: Lots of big changes for mom this month! I'm working with a therapist to deal with my postpartum anxiety and depression, and taking some medicine as well. It's a slow process, but I'm optimistic that I'll be able to make progress. We've made the decision to stop breastfeeding, since the stress on my body and mind is not helping the anxiety. This has been a difficult thing for me to give up, but I know it is in the best interest of Ethan and myself. The weaning process is also slow-going, not to mention uncomfortable, but we're working on it.
It's been a wild ride for Kevin and I, as we continue to travel down the adventurous road of parenthood. And you know who's in the driver's seat? Ethan! I'm pretty sure that's how it's supposed to be...for now, anyway!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Happy 3 month birthday to Ethan! You are doing an awesome job Mama! Congrats to you too. :-)
ReplyDelete