Pages

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Fighting Naps

First, I must say that Ethan is doing very well at night. He is sleeping 7-8 hour stretches, wakes to eat, and goes back to sleep for a few more hours. This is a HUGE accomplishment for him {and us}. 

Lately, and I'm talking the last 3-4 days, he's {really} fighting his naps. He cries and fusses when we try to put him down, even though he is showing all the signs of being tired, and even overtired sometimes. My little nap-lover went from taking several naps that ranged from 45 minutes to an occasional 3-hour nap, to catnapping, with maybe a 1-hour nap thrown in. 

After searching around for the answer, the only thing I can come up with is that he is going through his 3-month "wakeful period". He's been much more interactive and observant of all the things around him, and I think he's just afraid he'll miss something if he sleeps. 

Any other moms want to weigh in on this? Did your child{ren} go through this as well around this age? Any tips? Support? Words of wisdom? I'm open!

No comments:

Post a Comment