"Are you eating?"
Response I've Given - "Yes, I'm just watching what I eat, with my gestational diabetes."Response I Want to Give - "No. I don't believe nutrients are necessary for the health and well-being of my child."
"Are you going to get an epidural?"
Response I've Given - "I'm keeping my options open."Response I Want to Give - "How is that any of your business?"
"Why would you even consider natural childbirth?"
Response I've Given - "I'm not asking my body to do anything it wasn't meant to do."
Response I Want to Give - "My hospital gives you a brand new car if you can deliver a baby without drugs!"
"You look REALLY pregnant today!"
Response I've Given - "I guess it depends on what I wear."
Response I Want to Give - "Really? That's totally the look I was going for! That, or beached whale!"
"When I was in labor, [insert horror story here]."
Response I've Given - "Wow! That's awful!"
Response I Want to Give - "Wow! I appreciate you giving me more things to worry about, you know, besides all the normal stuff like being responsible for another human being!"
Anyone else got questions/comments to add to this list? How about other responses I could give to the ones above? Do share!!
See, I would be an ass and say mean things. Or be like, "I'm not pregnant, what are you talking about??"
ReplyDeleteI always wanted a button or stamp on my forehead that said, "No negative labor stories, little ears are listening" or something like that...
ReplyDeleteMy favorite was one Sunday a man at church who I had never met before poked my belly and asked me if I noticed that I'd started gaining weight...if I hadn't been at church, I probably would've punched him!
But, for the record, most people just think pregnant women look adorable and they just want to make conversation...brighten your day the way you brighten theirs just by being your glowing preggo self...even if you don't feel that way all the time, you look it to those of us who aren't pregnant, or can't remember the miserable parts of pregnancy