Pages

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Ethan's Nursery

Here they are...the long awaited nursery pictures. On Saturday night, Kevin and I just sat in the adorable room, taking it all in. (Correction: I sat in the room taking it all in...Kevin kept asking if we could go watch TV.) I adore being in that room, which is fortunate, since I will probably be spending a lot of time there!

Just a note on the bedding...we will not be keeping the bumper in there once the baby is in there. It's adorable, but we feel it's a safety issue. Any ideas on what to do with it? My thought is to use it when we convert to a toddler bed.


I would like to highlight the work of some VERY talented people, without whose creativity, this nursery would not have been possible.


My best friend, Jenn, made this adorable quilt. 
(Thanks, also to her friend Kate for the embroidery!)

Cindy, Kevin's younger brother's girlfriend, made a Hungry Caterpillar basket, which we are using to store books.
 
Katie, who runs an Artfire shop called, Made By Loving Hands, created the bedding (except for the fitted sheet which is from Pottery Barn Kids) and the valance.

My friend, Marissa, for telling me how to make the wall decor out of embroidery hoops, a little white spray paint, and fabric.

Last, but not least, our friend Karen painted this beautiful picture on the wall above the crib. It looks just like a page out of the book!

2 comments: