Pages

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, September 22, 2011

A Shameless (Important) Plug

I don't normally do this, but I thought I'd get the word out on my blog. 

Last weekend, in a moment of productivity, I wrote a grant through the Donors Choose website. If you have not visited, you should. Public school teachers write grants for materials to enhance the teaching/learning experience, and through the kindness of strangers, these grants are fulfilled. I myself have had two grants filled through Donors Choose. 

The current grant I wrote is for an ActivSlate and ActivPens, which work with my brand new Promethean Board, an interactive white board. Read more about my project, "An Inter-'Activ' Classroom" on Donors Choose. If you, or anyone you know, would like to donate (any amount, great or small), my students and I would appreciate it. Also, take a look at the other incredible projects posted...you might be inclined to help out another classroom.

I'll let you know if/when it gets filled...wish me luck! 

1 comment:

  1. I'll spread the word and see if we can make this happen! Also, random tip-- the stylus will appear to 'go bad', when really it is the plastic nib in the tip. Promethean gives you free/very cheap replacement nibs.

    ReplyDelete