Pages

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, January 2, 2011

The Rest of Break in a Nutshell

Obviously, my Winter Break got away from me. We were so busy, I forgot to post! Because I am a notoriously bad photographer, my pictures are limited.

In Cincinnati, we began with a nice family dinner at Ben & Erin's house, where Eli got to show off all of his new words and toys. The following evening we had Christmas Eve dinner at a yummy Thai restaurant, Bangkok Bistro. On Christmas, we usually go see a movie, but because Eli is here, we started a new tradition and watched a movie on HBO instead. That way, he could nap and we could all be together and watch. That evening, tons of family came over to celebrate my mother-in-law's birthday...yep...it's on Christmas Day! It was wonderful to catch up with everyone. I don't think we'd seen Aunt Karen and Uncle Mike since last January! The next night, we were able to have a nice sushi dinner with Ben  Erin...no Eli. I don't think we had every gone on a double date with them. It definitely needs repeating! Finally, on the day we left, we went downtown and had Cajun food at J. Gumbo's. It was good, but all my Indianapolis people should know that their etouffee has got NOTHING on Yats! Tobi was sad to leave, since he gets to sleep on the beds at Kevin's parents house!

Since we've been back at home, I've focused part (and in some cases, a lot) of everyday on preparing for school. I thought I'd be more upset to be going back to school, but I'm just itching for some order to my days. I guess I don't do well operating on my own schedule. 

On New Years Eve, we went to the annual party at Andy and Allison's house. This party was one for the books! I can't divulge too much information...otherwise people may be upset with me, but there were MANY memorable moments. We love spending time with our old and new friends while we ring in the New Year.


That about sums up my break. It's back to my regular schedule, and Kevin hops on a plane again on Tuesday. Hopefully, I'll be better about blogging. I'm wishing everyone a happy and healthy 2011, filled with many great things!

1 comment: