Tuesday, December 21, 2010
Bring it On, Snow!
This afternoon, I went to lunch with my dad. We had some delicious slices of pizza at Pucchini's. When I got home, I could no longer ignore the layer of snow that had fallen the night before. I started shoveling away, when my neighbor Ed came over to help me clear the driveway. We finished five minutes later.
This is not the first time Ed has rescued me. In fact, it's the third. The first time was about 2 weeks after we moved in, when I accidentally locked myself out of the house while speaking with the TruGreen guys...darn you TruGreen. Luckily, he saw me frantically checking each entrance to my house, and called me over. He and his wife Maggie let me use their phone to call a locksmith, then offered me food and drinks.
The second time Ed saved me was when we had a huge snowstorm a couple years ago. It was my first time shoveling...ever...and the snow was 6-8 inches high and HEAVY. After getting half of the driveway shoveled in an hour, I heard the sound of a snow blower moving closer. Ed stopped in front of the driveway, and in his gruff, elderly voice, said, "Where do you think you're going like that?" He was referring to the my dinky shovel and lackluster shoveling ability. He used his snow blower to clear the rest of the driveway. I was so grateful because at that point my back had given out on me. It took a week to recuperate!
This snow was no where near that bad, but nevertheless, Ed was there to help out. What a great neighbor! After the shoveling, I wrote 25 thank you cards to the students who gave me holiday gifts, then went grocery shopping.
I am totally loving these first few days of break!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment