To remedy my rough day, I'm popping Conversation Hearts like it's my job. Reading those little hearts are so nostalgic. It takes me back to a time when I knew nothing of phrases like "International Baccalaureate", "annual yearly progress", "data team meetings", and much more. Instead, my biggest concern was which Valentine to give to which classmate. (You wanted to give the BEST and BIGGEST one to the guy you liked, but opted for the more generic one in the pack for the guy you didn't want to "lead on".)
I don't know if you've read any Conversation Hearts lately, but I highly recommend it. I remember when they said stuff like, "Kiss Me", "You Rock", or the ever popular, "Be Mine". Now, I'm reading things like, "Text Me", "LOL", "U Go Girl", and "Got Love?" It's interesting that little things like Conversation Hearts reflect how times have changed! Twenty years ago, I don't think any of those would have made sense to me, and now it's the norm. Just
I don't know if anyone will respond, but I'll throw it out there. What is your favorite Conversation Heart saying??
I am partial to "Love Bug" because my husband's nickname for our daughter is 'bug'. (short for lovebug or love-a-bug, or bug-a-lug... lol)
ReplyDelete