Pages

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Saturday, January 8, 2011

My (limited) Search for a Book Club

My friend Julie recently started a blog where she discusses different books she and her book club are reading. This has inspired me to look into joining a book club. My first task was to search for one through readerscircle.org. Not that I'm shocked, but there are no book clubs registered on that site in my area. 

I know that I don't want to start a book club, because the last thing I need right now is the stress of being "in charge" of something else. I just want to be a part of one. Is there anyone out there who is interested in starting a book club in the Indianapolis area??? For now, I'll put the search on hold...but my resolution for this year is to join a book club.

2 comments:

  1. YAY bookclub!!! Seriously-- joining mine was the best thing I've done since I moved. Readers circle is how I found mine, but I also looked at local books stores. The bookstore in my neighborhood has 3 or 4 book clubs with various themes. I think the library also has a club listing or bulletin board. Maybe you can try those??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sent you a message on facebook about the tabs :-)

    ReplyDelete