Pages

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Honey, I'm Home!

I'm very excited, because starting this week, Kevin will be working from home more often. We're not sure how long he'll be home each month, but anything is better than his schedule over the last few years. Right now, it looks like he might be able to swing three weeks at home while on this project, and one week on the road. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for this scenario. 

Here are the pros and cons of a traveling husband:

Pro: I can get school work done at home each night without feeling guilty; I don't have to worry about cooking dinner every night; I can watch what I want on TV; I can sit in silence after a hectic day at school...not talking to anyone; airline miles and hotel points for fun getaways.

Con: I can only stay at school for a limited time each day because Tobi is at home waiting to be let out; I can get bored and restless at home by myself; we have to pack all of our quality time into two days and three nights; we split our limited quality time between ourselves, friends, and family; I have to sleep by myself; when it snows, I have to do all the shoveling by myself; Kevin's flights are so unpredictable in the winter.

I know that Kevin is a bit less excited than I am to have him home, since he'll be cooped up in the house each day, but in the end, it will be nice to see each other for more than 72 hours each week!

1 comment: