Pages

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Five Easy Steps

Well, I did it. I started a Book Club. We haven't officially met, but we have our first meeting set up...or announced, at least. At first, I didn't want to be "in charge" of something else, but it was WAY easier than I thought. Plus, this is something I'm doing for fun, and the idea of organizing a way for my girlfriends to get together was a huge motivating factor. Here are my five easy steps to starting a book club.

Step #1 - Do some research. I used this website. It gave me tips on how to set expectations and choose books, among other things. 

Step #2 - Check for interest. I put a status up on Facebook, since I knew that was the best way to reach the most people. I got PLENTY of interest. (I almost wish I would have checked earlier, since I've been toying with this idea for about a year!)

Step #3 - Contact interested parties. I let my friends know what my ideas were for the book club, like the types of books we'd read, when and where we'd meet, regularity of meetings, how we'd pick books, etc. 

Step #4 - Create a communication forum. Whether it's Facebook messages, e-mails, or putting a Book Club page on your blog, a la Me, I think it's important to find a way to get information regarding chosen books and meetings. It also provides an easy way for members to RSVP for meetings! (Hint, hint, ladies! :))

Step #5 - Choose your first book and READ. Obviously, this is the most important part of the whole thing, well, besides actually showing up to the meeting!

I am extremely excited to get together for our first meeting in February!

No comments:

Post a Comment