Wednesday, March 31, 2010
Scared
I am supposed to be on Spring Break this week, which means I am supposed to be relaxing. I had not been feeling very relaxed. I went to the doctor yesterday and was scared out of my mind. Last week I went and was diagnosed with a bladder infection, even though I swore to the nurse that I knew what my body felt like when it had a bladder infection, and I was positive I did not have one. I called again on Monday because these mysterious symptoms had not gone away with the antibiotic, and they informed me that I did not have a bladder infection after all! I went in to see my doctor yesterday and every possible scenario had run through my mind. People kept reassuring me, telling me that it would be fine, and not to think of the worst case scenario. I felt bipolar though, fluctuating between thinking it was no big deal, and thinking it would turn out horribly. Mostly, I was scared because I didn't know what was wrong with me. Searching online for the answer only frightened me more! Luckily, my mother went to the appointment with me for moral support and because, well, mom's really do make everything better! After doing a bunch of tests, they didn't find any abnormalities. The doctor has a strong feeling that it was an ovarian cyst that burst that was giving me discomfort. I got home and looked it up online (I'm a glutton for punishment) and the symptoms matched what I'd been feeling. While I got no definite answer, just knowing that it quite possibly could have been a cyst has set my mind at ease.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh man, I remember how sick you got when you took the antibiotic for the bladder infection you got in college. I hope you feel better! (and I'm sure they didn't give you cipro!)
ReplyDeleteHow are you feeling now?? I've had a few ruptured cysts-- they SUCK. I hope you are feeling better!!
ReplyDeleteStarting to feel better. Is it true that it can take 8-12 weeks to feel 100% better??? I read that online. It may or may not be true. :)
ReplyDelete