Pages

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Hi, I'm With Stupid

I went to the doctor today, and when I walked into the medical building, I stopped at the directory to double check the suite number. A woman who walked in with me went directly to the elevator. I joined her when I was done, and waited with her for the elevator. And we waited. And we waited. For 3-4 minutes. There was an elevator behind me (in addition to the one in front of us which we were waiting on), so I pressed the button, and noticed it turned red. The button on the elevator we were facing was not lit up. I then noticed that the button I'd pressed for the elevator behind us, was to go underground, so when it stopped at my floor, I did not step on. However, it dinged when it opened. The woman, observed the whole thing, and when she heard the *ding* of the elevator, realized that she should probably press the button to call elevator we were facing!! DUH! I naturally assumed, with her standing RIGHT IN FRONT of the elevator, that she had called for it. Not so. I ask you, who is more stupid: her, for not pressing the elevator, or me, for just standing there like a dum-dum??

No comments:

Post a Comment