Monday, March 22, 2010
A Eucalyptus Cord
I have been waiting all day to post this one! Today, we had our Human Growth and Development talks (that's code for sex education). I had the privilege/horror of sitting with the 5th grade boys. Our state is an "abstinence only" state (don't get me started on this topic), so they don't teach anything about preventative measures. They do, however, talk about both reproductive systems, and for many of the boys, the stuff about girls is brand new. One topic they discuss is pregnancy. Not how to prevent it (as stated above), but how babies are conceived and how they are born. The woman giving the talk asked the kids if they knew the name of the cord that attaches a baby to it's mother while in the womb. One of the kids raised his hand and very seriously said, "Oh, I think it's called the eucalyptus cord, or something." Yeah. Try not laughing out loud at that one!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
HA! How very environmentally friendly!
ReplyDelete