Pages

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Turkey Day - Parts 1 & 2

Every year we have two Thanksgiving celebrations. The Sunday before is my family's dinner, and the day of is when we spend time with Kevin's family. We love that our one day holiday turns into a week-long celebration, and that we get to spend time with all of the important people in our lives. 

I have never understood couples who fight about where they are going for the holidays and become bitter about it. To me, petty arguments like that are the exact opposite of what these holidays are supposed to be about. Being with the ones you love should be of paramount importance, regardless of whether it is the actual day of the holiday, or a few days before or after. The spirit of the day, not the actual day, is what counts. 

So I guess what I'm trying to say, is that Kevin and I are thankful to have families who care more about sharing the spirit of the holidays with us...not just the day!

Below are pictures of my family's Thanksgiving celebration, which was delicious. It was held at our house, where we enjoyed football and food...which was delicious. We actually used our dining room set for the first time, as well as our china and fancy silverware. It was very exciting for me. 
Unfortunately, I slipped into my old ways and did not take any pictures of our Cincinnati Thanksgiving. I think I'll just blame it on the fact that we were extremely busy. We had a yummy dinner at my sister-in-law's parents' house, helped Kevin's parents move into their beautiful new house, and finished up our holiday shopping. 

This weekend, we head back to Cincy for Chanukah on Saturday, and then for the Indy family celebration on Sunday night. I PROMISE to take pictures of all the present-opening and family time!

No comments:

Post a Comment