UP: We got to see Baby Ethan at our ultrasound appointment last Friday. According to the measurements (which can be wildly inaccurate), he is 5lbs., 8oz, which puts him in the 36th percentile...not bad! He is in the head down position, which is great news.
DOWN: I fell down the stairs...again. Baby Ethan has continued to move like a wiggle worm, so I'm sure everything is fine. The left side of my lower back hurt, but I feel like I've almost bounced back.
UP: After our latest childbirth class, we decided to give natural childbirth a go. We ordered some items to try to help with labor, and received them today, like...
Nuggle Buddies - Scented rice bags that can be microwaved to relieve soreness, or place over the eyes. I chose "Orange Spice" and "Lavendar, Chamomile, Lemongrass".
Aromatherapy - Jasmine is supposed to strengthen contractions, and lavendar can promote pain relief and relaxation. It's worth a try!
Exercise Ball - Good for finding positions to ease pain.
Tennis Balls and Lip Balm - Tennis balls are great massage tools, and the lip balm will ease my chapped lips.
DOWN: This should really be an up, since my feet (mostly my right ankle) are swelling UP. I've been sitting a lot more while teaching, but I still need to work on elevating my feet. My goal is to work for three more weeks (I'm due in four), so I need to focus on this stuff.
Finally, here is a picture of me at 35 weeks. I'm starting to feel huge. I know I'm not, but my belly is starting to really extend outwards...which makes me feel huge. Just look back a few weeks and compare my belly now to my belly then...BIG difference! I also begin my weekly doctor appointments this week...the countdown has begun!





I fell down twice when I was pregnant with Nate and he was just fine. I think it's just one of those things that happens to every pregnant lady. You have a new body and it's hard to learn how to get around.
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the natural child birth! I'm sure you are just sick of advice. . .but I will tell you that if you are planning on doing it in a regular hospital setting (instead of home birth or natural birthing center), write out your birth plan, make copies and give it to everybody. I thought that was really stupid when people told me to that, but you will go through several nurses probably and it will help save time. It also helps them know what you want. They do have a tendency to push you in certain directions. (at least I felt that way when I gave birth, I hope your experience is different)
And you are still totally tiny! Look at your skinny arms! Trust me, the human body is so amazing, you will be back to regular size probably 3-4 days after giving birth. :-) No worries.