Pages

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Quick as a Flash

That is how I feel about Week 28. What a whirlwind!! 

We went to our new nephew, Will's, bris. (For you non-Jewish folks, that means circumcision...yeah, I know what you're thinking, but Jews will use any excuse to celebrate and eat!)

Note the other new member of the family, Elmo Pinsky.
 
 Ignore my odd expression, please!

I also started the 2011-2012 school year. I absolutely love my class (we're only two days in, though), which is both good and bad. It means my time before maternity leave will fly, but it also means I'll really miss them when I go, since I won't be returning this school year. I will say that these first few days have kicked by butt! Being on my feet a lot these last few days has made me one sore pregnant gal! Fortunately, my husband has cooked dinner so I don't have to continue on my feet at home...I am very grateful for his willingness to do this.

After failing my first glucose test, I went in for my three-hour test. Don't think I did well at all...mostly because I used a glucometer to test myself after each blood draw. Let's just say the numbers were not pleasant. I'm waiting to see my doctor, but I've already begun to monitor my diet and spread my carbs out throughout the day. I let myself mope about this news for a day, and now we're dealing with it and moving on.
 
Here is my 28 week picture. I know my ticker says I'm 29 weeks today, but this was taken yesterday (we almost forgot, hence I'm in pajamas), so technically, it counts. I think it's quite fitting to associate this picture with this particular week...I'm exhausted!


No comments:

Post a Comment