Tuesday, November 22, 2011
Happy 1-Month Birthday, Ethan!
I wanted to start this post by saying, "I can't believe it's been a month since Ethan was born!", but the truth is, part of me kind of can. Some days seem to just fly by, but some nights go on forever. I'm sure you moms know what I'm talking about.
What I can't believe is how much this little guy has grown! We go to the doctor tomorrow for his one month visit (and shots...ick), so I will post his stats then. I'm positive he's over 7lbs., though, which for a peanut who dropped to 5lbs., 13.5oz. after birth, is a significant gain! He lifting his own head, and even holding it up on his own for several seconds at a time. His grip is really strong, and he's starting to move his legs.
My favorite thing about him right now is his sleep smile. Just as he's about to doze off, his face gets completely relaxed, and he smiles. He looks like he's in a trance, and it's just about one of the cutest things I've ever seen.
My least favorite thing is the short 3-hour spurts of sleep he has at night...not long enough for mommy. I know he'll grow out of these, though...hopefully!
Now that he's learning how to work his limbs, he's started to grab onto his face and pull. This causes him to pinch himself, and he just screams because it hurts. Of course, he doesn't actually realize he is causing his own pain yet!
This little guy is A LOT of work, but we are remembering to enjoy him. I know that soon, he won't be so tiny, and I'll be wishing that he was.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2011
(110)
-
▼
November
(16)
- Taking the Plunge
- Thanksgiving...Pinsky Style
- Our Little Chunker
- Easy Fall Brownies
- Happy 1-Month Birthday, Ethan!
- Poor Tobi
- Sharon Family Thanksgiving
- Rub-a-Dub-Dub
- Blogger's Manifesto
- Ethan's First Play Date
- Trusting My Instincts
- Accepting Help
- Single Mommy-hood...Week 1
- Squeaky Clean!
- Sleep Sack vs. Swaddle Me
- Meet My New Best Friend...
-
▼
November
(16)
Nate would always scratch his own face too, I loved the onsies that had the "Mitten cuffs" on them, that little extra flap that you can put over their hands. . . .or I'd just put socks on his hands. We would joke and say he looked like a little praying mantis when I'd do that. :-)
ReplyDelete