Pages

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, June 13, 2011

My First Few Faves

Over the last few weeks, I've been doing quite a bit of shopping for all things maternity. I've noticed a few things. 

#1 Maternity clothes are VERY pricey. They hardly ever go on sale, since there are always pregnant women around to spend crazy amounts of money on them. 

#2 There are few in-store options. Many department stores say they have a maternity section. They use that term very loosely, since what they mean is that in a far corner of the store, they have 2-3 racks with a hodgepodge of maternity items. Some of the guilty stores are Target, JC Penney, Kohls, and Macy's. 

#3 Outlet stores and on-line shopping are the way to go if you are looking for variety. The only downfall with on-line shopping is that you can't try the clothing on.

#4 Buttons, zippers, and any other pant/skirt/dress/short enclosure are NOT my friends. Yes, friends, I have transitioned to maternity bottoms. I don't think I'm quite big enough for them yet, but they are much more comfortable than my normal bottoms, even with hair ties and belly bands. 

That being said, here are some of my favorite maternity finds to date:

Maternity Bra
I tried convincing myself that this was not necessary yet, as I would probably need to upgrade during my third trimester. I don't care if I need to re-buy later, the money I spent on this and her two friends are totally worth the comfort. I didn't realize how uncomfortable my regular bras were (and how much I'd grown) until I tried these on!

Fancy Maternity Jeans
Lots of my formerly pregnant friends have told me that I need to invest in expensive jeans, even if it's just 1-2 pairs. These are the most comfortable jeans I have ever worn. While they come with a hefty price tag, I feel that I will get my money's worth. I might have to get that second pair, too!

Coach Diaper Bag
This was one of my outlet store bargains. Thank goodness for the Coach Factory Store! I thought this color was perfect for me, and would work for either a boy or girl. It even comes equipped with a changing pad, and the salesperson said that women often use them for a laptop when they don't need it as a diaper bag...works for me!

Last but not least, here is my 19 week picture. Stay tuned on Friday. I have my 20 week visit, and you know what that means...THE BIG ULTRASOUND! Vote in the poll at the top of the blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment