In my class, we often have discussions regarding differences of opinion. One thing I love about my kids, is that as young as they are, they are generally open to seeing another side to an argument. I try to teach them that while they do not have to agree with someone's opinion, they do have to accept that others have a right to have their own opinions. I mean, what would it be like if I graded their writing based on whether or not I agreed with what they said??? That wouldn't be fair! They generally understand this concept, especially when I use that example.
Today, I stopped importing my blog posts to Facebook.
Some people haven't yet learned that it's OK for others to have different opinions. I am sorry to all my friends and family who have less access to my life because of this, and I hope that you will continue to follow me here.
We can so chat about this on Sunday. I was going to comment on your previous post but figured it would be more fun to talk about in person.
ReplyDelete