Pages

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Diamondhead & Kayaking

Our last day in Hawaii was full of adventure. First, we woke up early and made our way to Diamondhead State Park. We trekked to the top, with a few stops along the way so that I could catch my breath. The view of Honolulu was very pretty, but it was a little disappointing that there was literally nothing at the top. Diamondhead was used as a military lookout point, and I can see why. Kevin and I decided that at the very least, we can now say that we have climbed the famous Diamondhead. Afterwards, we rented a kayak and paddled out to a few little islands off of Waimea Bay. Kevin actually did most of the work, but I would like to think that I helped out...at least on the way to the islands. On the way back to the bay, I got a little freaked out by the waves, and had to focus on not freaking out! We were doing quite well with landing our kayak, until we got back to the bay. We were propelled by a wave, and our kayak flipped over...in front of a large crowd of people. Kevin stood up and yelled, "Safe!!!" I'm sure this gave some people (including the two of us) a very good laugh! After we hosed ourselves off, we enjoyed some yummy Hawaiian shaved ice. This is not just regular shaved ice. It is very thinly shaved and the best part is there is ICE CREAM at the bottom. It tastes like a creamsicle at the bottom. YUM! It was a sweet end to a very busy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment