Pages

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Hawaiian Minutes

After hiking through a volcano, Kevin and I decided it was time to relax. The next day, we spent some time reading on the beach. Later that evening, we went to Germaine's Luau. We boarded a bus where our escort, Cousin Tate (apparently, that night we were all family, hence, everyone was referred to as "cousin"), entertained us. He told us about that evening's schedule, and said that he would be back on the microphone in "five Hawaiian minutes" to tell us about the night's menu. Twenty seconds later he was back on the microphone! Apparently, "five Hawaiian minutes" means whenever the heck you feel like it! After he explained the menu, Cousin Tate told us that we would get to the luau site in "five Hawaiian minutes". What he meant was that we would get there when we got there. I think next time my students ask me how long something will take, or when we will be moving on to our next subject, I will say, "In five Hawaiian minutes." It beats saying, "When I say so!" Anyway, here are some pictures from the luau. We had trouble photographing the show because it was so dark, and my camera was not cooperative. ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment