Pages

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

And the Winner is...My Gallbladder!

Earlier this week I met with a surgeon to discuss my good ol' gallbladder. Apparently, it's been wreaking havoc on my digestive system, and the rest of my body. Therefore, it will be removed. You know what they say, "If you can't play nice....", and unfortunately, my gallbladder has NOT been playing nice. I've been having this achy feeling under my right arm and under my chest for the last six weeks, so I'm hoping that it goes away after this surgery. In addition to that, I'm looking forward to the lack of nausea and heartburn, which I will not miss either. The surgery is next Friday, July 2nd. It will be done laproscopically (thank goodness), and should take no more than an hour. The doctor said that I will be in recovery for 2-3 hours, and should be out of the surgery center by noon, and on my way home. My wonderful husband will then be responsible for nursing me back to health...good luck to me! Just kidding...love you honey!

1 comment:

  1. I had my gall bladder removed a few years ago (in the middle of student teaching actually!) and it's not a bad procedure at all. Hope everything goes well for you!!

    ReplyDelete