Pages

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The Vocabulary Lesson

Today I went on a special teacher-student outing. Two of my students and I ventured over to Pottery By You to paint and decorate our own ceramic pieces. It was so nice to spend time with them outside of the classroom, as they are two of my most special kids, who I will miss sorely next year. I'll stop the sappiness here. On our way home, we were talking, and I realized that I had NO idea what half the words they were using meant. I asked them to give me a vocabulary lesson...this is where the teacher became the student. Here are some new terms they taught me: beast (adj) - awesome, really cool idk (abbreviation) - short for "I don't know" sarf (n) - someone who copies off of someone else swagger (n) - the state of being cool P.S. - I officially felt old after this conversation. Anyone know any others???

1 comment: